- There’s downtime between girlfriends for Liam Gallagher apparently; and by girlfriends I mean bands. It was only months ago when Oasis came out publicly to call it quits. I remember, cause I was in Hawaii at the time (one of those little tidbits you’ll remember from a vacation, even though it had nothing to do with the vacation). Liam spoke to an Italian radio station late last week. Needless to say, he dropped some bombs:
- The epitome of the “break-up” was when Noel grabbed one of Liam’s guitars, a gift from his wife, and smashed it in front of him. So Liam went and did the same to one of Noel’s babies.
- Liam has already started a band with all the ex-Oasis members, he made it clear this wasn’t another “Oasis”.
- He and this band will start gigging “in the next few months”.
No word yet on the band itself. What it’s called, how Oasis-esque it is, etc.
- The physical copy of The Road Original Soundtrack — Nick Cave & Warren Ellis — will be available weeks after the film’s release on January 12th. MP3s will be available on sites like iTunes on November 23rd however. I’d advise looking into it.
- I’m not sure how I feel about The Who doing the Super Bowl Half-Time Show. I like the fact of going after the “legends”, especially after the Timberlake/Janet and Aerosmith/Spears/Nsync debacles. But I don’t think American football fans really give a shit about The Who. They’d probably get WAY better ratings with someone like Carrie Underwood/Taylor Swift. People who like 60′s music are aging. Does the committee who selects these bands realize they’re alienating a decent chunk of the under-50 crowd, a moderate chunk of the under-40 crowd, and a massive chunk of the under-24 crowd. I love The Who, they just don’t belong at an NFL event. Who will they select next year, Neil Young? Just kiddin’, he’d NEVER do it.