- This morning I was doing some career related shit at home, and wanted to listen to some form of podcast not music (for once). I made a huge mistake by not tuning into the latest Marc Maron WTF podcast (David Cross!!)… I ended up wasting the opportunity listening to a bunch of fanboys talk about upcoming movies, mainly comic oriented. It was horrible. For example, they’re supposed to be experts — lovers of all comics to films — yet they showed a very fundamental lack of understanding of The Joker, Justice League, Iron Man just to name a few. And I don’t even care. But c’mon, if you’re going to spend the time making a podcast and releasing it out into the world for global consumption at the very least know the subject matter you and your cohorts are tackling. Right?
- I’ve got a nice little stack of comics here to read through tonight; including the new Casanova, which is always a treat. The most intriguing cover of the bunch is probably Walking Dead #95, which looks to be promising new characters and some human on human violence. The most haunting cover goes to the fourth issue of Fatale, it just screams whathefuck:
- Umm… speaking of Tony Stark, it has recently been reported that legendary character actor Sir Ben Kingsley will be playing a villain in Shane Black’s Iron Man 3 flick, AND that the story will be based loosely on Warren Ellis‘ Extremis story. Nice. This all makes sense though considering the first movie was based partly on the arc as well. Yeah Uncle Warren! Internet Jesus for the win!
- New clip of Looper at BleedingCool. It’s some sort of time travel flick starring Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis as the same dude. Plus, the director is the shit. Rian Johnson… previous efforts were both excellent: Brick and Brothers Bloom. For those too lazy to click:
- Blueprint posted some very inspirational stuff today on his blog: Chip Away At Your Goals.
“I guess I’m writing this to tell everybody to stay encouraged because there is nothing that you can’t achieve. I’m not technically an author or a video director, but if I can do what I’ve done then so can you. A dream is only a dream if you’re not willing to work towards it. Once you’re willing to put in work, it changes from a dream to a goal, then from a goal to a reality. The momentum of achieving that goal will push you to take on more ambitious things the next time around. It’s a great cycle, but it starts with you. Be willing to work on the things you’re passionate about, even if it’s just a little bit every day, and know that the time you put in towards those things isn’t wasted. Every minute of it is worth it. Chip away at your goals.”